- 11/1/2015: I got a cool mention in The Scientist! Working with awesome researchers means I get to sometimes have someone ask me questions about my work, isntead of just trying to find someone who will listen!
- 10/15/2015: Two of my excellent undergraduate interns, Szu-Aun Lim and Isaac Haniff, were featured on LabTV! Both of them did an outstanding job of communicating their interests and passions and represented the Song lab very well! Other Song lab videos should be up soon, so check here for more details!
- 9/18/2015: New paper from Neurospychopharmacology drops today! I was very fortunate to get to work with everyone in Roth lab during my rotation, and even more fortunate to have gotten to contribute to this in-depth analysis of the dorsal raphe serotonergic network and behavior--my first real taste of pharmacology. Congratulations to Bryan Roth and his student Dan Urban.
- 7/02/2015: I received notice that my F31 application is going to be funded! This was a nail-biting process, as I observed colleagues receiving their JITs but found my inbox empty of e-mails from the NIH. It wasn’t until I contacted them that I discovered they had an expired e-mail for a contact at UNC and as such they were waiting for my responses! It was not a funny experience, but a huge relief! Writing the NRSA was exhausting, but in the sense of a long workout or preparing a massive meal for guests: something infinitely rewarding and something to be proud of.
- 5/20/2015: Our lab collaborated with Dr. Bryan Roth on the new DREADD based on the Kappa-opioid receptor! The details can be found here, but suffice to say I am really excited about the combinatoric toolset now available for chemogenetic interrogators!